Shasta AHA Refining Acid Wash
If the glow is gone you need to wash it back in. When the pimples are back in town, it’s time to cleanse them away. Clogged pores, rough texture, a zit or two (or five), overall dullness or just simply a look of blah can all be treated with proper exfoliation.
They blended together the best combination of smoothing and brightening acids to penetrate into your skin while you wash. Soothing non-fragrant botanicals reduce irritation and keep skin nice and hydrated. You won’t find anything here that can further inflame skin, including essential oils, drying alcohols, and triclosan (an antibacterial agent sometimes found in acne treatments).
For breakouts, congestion, large pores, and/or dullness and rough texture
- It’s your best skin-clearing serum, but in cleanser form.
- Clears away pore-clogging debris and dull dead skin.
- Holifrog's targeted acid blend exfoliates to reveal brighter, smoother skin with smaller-looking pores.
- Ideal for adult acne—this gentle wash reduces breakouts without stripping your skin of precious moisture.
- Light, non-foaming formula rinses away clean.
For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes.
Ingredients + Benefits
Glycolic, mandelic, lactic, tartaric, and citric acids: A blend of AHA acids of different sizes and properties to sweep away dead skin, clear out clogged pores, reduce inflamed breakouts, and smooth pores.
-Glycolic: The most researched type of alpha hydroxy acid. It acts as an exfoliant to help shed dead skin to renew skin’s surface. It visibly softens signs of aging from sun damage.
- Mandelic: This form of AHA is an especially large molecule, so it does not penetrate the skin deeply. Therefore, it exfoliates at a lower risk of irritation.
- Lactic: A large molecule AHA that exfoliates on the surface of the skin by breaking down the material that holds dead skin together; it helps to brighten an uneven skin tone and is an effective alternative for sensitive skin types.
- Tartaric:This AHA, which has antioxidant properties, comes from fermented grapes and is added to glycolic or lactic acid to strengthen their sloughing. It’s primary benefit is to regulate the formula’s pH.
- Citric:This AHA is derived from citrus fruits and functions to keep other acids in a safe pH range. It eliminates irritating impurities on the skin by grabbing onto them so they cannot enter the skin.
Australian Caviar Lime Extract - Fruit acid gently brightens and smooths skin.
Tamanu Oil: A nut oil native to the south Pacific that helps skin heal and regenerate itself.
Rosehip Oil: Chock full of vitamins, antioxidants, and fatty acids to hydrate skin and protect it from environmental damage.
Aloe Vera: Offsets potential irritation from the acids by calming the skin and reducing redness.
Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Lactic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice*, Sodium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, Calophyllum Inophyllum (Tamanu) Oil*, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Mandelic Acid, Microcitrus Australasica Fruit Extract, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Fruit Oil*, Tartaric Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bentonite, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Gluconate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Citric Acid, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Quartz, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Dehydroacetate.
Ingredients may be subject to change. The most accurate and up to date product ingredient list can also found on the product packaging.
Frogs have thin skin. It’s so soft and permeable that it absorbs everything in their surroundings. As a result, they can’t survive in toxic environments. Scientists even study them to monitor pollution levels.
Our skin is thicker than frogs but we live in toxic environments too, filled with free radicals, questionable air quality, and Twitter trolls. Even the thickest skin needs to take care of itself.When we wash our faces, our pores are at their most open and permeable, like a frog’s. This stage of your skincare routine is essential to your skin’s health and the rest of your beauty regime. We use bioactive ingredients that give positive results—nothing toxic, nothing irritating.
It’s what thick and thin skin needs, when it needs it.
Watch + Discover